Where to Apply for a Passport


As discussed in other sections, passport renewals, passport name changes and second passports can be processed anywhere – you may mail in from your home, from a post office or use a private expediting service. If you are applying for new passport, replacing a lost, stolen or damaged passport or a child’s passport, you will need to visit an Acceptance Agent (located at most post offices and other select locations like County Clerks) or work with an passport expediting service (which will also require you to visit an Acceptance Agent).

Applying for a Passport Location

If your application requires you to visit an Acceptance Agent, the link below will allow to locate the one nearest you. https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/DefaultForm.aspx 

Simply enter your zip code and press “Search”. This will provide a list of results which will look something like this:


Clicking on the Facility Name will provide additional details like the example below. A few key points to review at whether or not the facility can take photos (if not, make sure to bring your own from Walgreens or CVS or other). Also look at the hours. In the example below this Post Office is actually open from 8am – 6pm, however they only assist with passport application from 9am – 3pm (with a one hour lunch break in between). It is also VERY important to check the “Comments” section at the bottom – many locations require an appointment and that would be listed in this section.


Web Ads

Need a Passport Fast?
Get Your Passport in 2 to 3 Business Days

Order Now!

Where to Apply for Urgent Passport

If you are traveling in less than 2-3 weeks and you are not using a private passport expending company, you will need to make an appointment to submit your application at a US State Department Passport Agency. See the list of locations here.

Fast Passports

Fast Expediting When you need it now expediting options

Passport Cost

Payment Options Different ways to pay the US State Dept fees

Passport Expediting

Questions & Support Who to contact for help with your passport